Hahn Teaching with Technology grants are on hold until further notice while the College deals with the global coronavirus outbreak.
If you have questions about Hahn Grants, you can use the application form for inquiries, or you can email the Research and Instructional Technologies Group at RITG@Pomona.edu
The Hahn Teaching with Technology program, supported by the Hahn Fund for Innovation seeks projects involving technology and teaching.
We envision projects that will develop course materials using specialized technology that requires ITS staff assistance.
There are two windows of submission, one in Fall Semester (second week of the Semester) and one in Spring (second week of the semester). These windows are meant to align with curricular planning as well as ITS staff availability. Most Hahn grants will be in the range of $500 to $5,000.
All ideas are encouraged and we particularly welcome requests for projects involving assistance in:
- Digital humanities methods
- Student digital portfolios
- Student assignments based on digital media
- Integrating research into the classrom
- Something about learning analytics, adaptive software, data science, data visualization?
- Working with ITS and the Library to integrate spatial content (like Geographic Information System software with accompanying datasets) or to create collections of primary source material for the Claremont Colleges Digital Library (CCDL) that will be used to support your teaching or to develop student research and presentation skills
Apply for a Hahn Grant
If you have any questions about the Hahn Teaching and Technology program, please contact Deputy CIO Janet Russell (ext. 18774).