The Pomona Technology Funding program seeks research projects involving innovative and cutting-edge technology.
The application period for the 2023-2024 academic year is now open!
Research Computing is an ever-expanding field, covering broad aspects of research currently undertaken at the college. To capitalize on our expanding capabilities and to engender collaborative practices with Pomona faculty, we would like to fund a small number of research projects over the summer break.
Some funds will be reserved for technology-enhanced projects not falling into the above categories.
Computation Research – explore ideas of how technologies such as High-Performance Computing, big-data analysis or machine learning can be incorporated into your research
Virtual and Augmented Reality – explore applications of Augmented/Virtual Reality (AR/VR) in research
Digital Humanities – exploring the intersection between digital technology and the humanities
All faculty and teaching staff are eligible to apply individually or as a team.
We would like Awardees to collaborate with us by doing the following:
- Documenting their project reflections via a mid-progress and final report
- Sharing the lessons they learned at an ITS faculty development workshop or event
- Consider sharing their project with the broader community through activities such as online communication, presenting at a conference, submitting an article for publication, or filming a project video for the ITS site.
Pertinent Project Proposal Dates
- Proposals due: Monday, May 15, 2023
- Decisions announced: Early June
How to Apply
Please submit your application using this online application form: Pomona Technology Funding Program
If you have questions or need more information about the Pomona Technology Funding program, please contact Andrew Wilson at Andrew.Wilson@pomon.edu