Box provides a secure environment for students, faculty, and staff to store and share files and folders.
Box is free, unlimited cloud storage for Pomona faculty, staff, and students. You can create or upload files and folders, share them using a direct link, invite others to collaborate, and revise and review your files from anywhere.
To activate your account —
- Log in to the Portal at https://my.pomona.edu and look for the Box link.
- Box uses the Claremont Colleges Single-Sign On (SSO). At https://box.pomona.edu, hit “Continue” to join as Part of Pomona College
- Choose Pomona College from drop down list, and enter your Pomona username and password
Content can be accessed and shared from your computer or mobile device. Sharing control is granular, from read-only all the way to full control. Content can be made available for offline access
Practical uses include:
- easy remote access to all your mission-critical files
- maintain syllabus in Box with a link to Sakai so that as you update it for continuity it is automatically updated in Sakai
- storage for recorded Zoom sessions
For more information, see the Box Overview at the Pomona ITS website.